Monday, May 7, 2007

Alexa is 3!!!!!

Hi to everybody! Alexa's 3rd birthday is today. Where did the time go? We had her party yesterday with a big castle moonwalk. She was in all her princess glory, but I think very overwhelmed with all the presents. Today was a fun girls day out. We went and had our fingernails and toenails done. Watching the look on her face as they were being painted was priceless...and she was soooo good. I didn't know how she would behave....but other than screaming "OWWW!!" about 4 or 5 times when the girl was clipping her nails, it was all good! That's why I don't even attempt to cut her nails!!! Part of me loves seeing her little nails painted....makes me think of all the fun, girly things we have ahead of us. But the other part of me just wanted to hang on to her babyhood. ( When the clock turned 1:49 we were on our way home from chik-fil-a and she had just fallen asleep after a loud tantrum at the restaurant. I'm sure it was quite a good show watching her scream and kick in the little bride dress she was wearing. I couldn't even look up....I was just focusing on getting out of there....but I could feel the eyes on us (or actually HER---she was quite a spectacle!) But I just looked at her at 1:49 sleeping so peacefully and realized she is not a baby anymore ) The pink sparkly nails look so foreign on her chubby, little hands. Just one more milestone ...So now my baby is 3 and I am realizing that I am so ready for another baby! God is definitely teaching me patience and that I am not in control. Our hopes of a Christmas time baby didn't work out, but I know He has something wonderful planned for us.
Jacob got up this morning and got ready very quickly for school. Like lightning. Usually he is Mr. Pokey in the morning but he saw a present awating him for his half birthday. When he opened it and found Happy Feet, he was very polite, but didn't seem too thrilled. We had to explain to him that most people don't get half-birthday presents. (really the only reason we remember his is Alexa's BD is Jacob's half BD and vice versa)

No comments: